2012-2021 Jeep Wrangler
2012- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement
Warning: To Protect the hands from battery acid, a suitable pair of heavy duty rubber gloves should be worn when removing or servicing a battery. Safety glasses also should be worn.
Warning: Remove metallic jewelry to avoid injury by accidental arcing of battery current.
Warning: The battery negative and positive cable polarity are different from the gasoline equipped vehicles to the diesel engine equipped vehicles. Please note the location of the positive and negative cables prior to service of the battery or related components.
1. Loosen the Pinch clamp bolt and disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable (8).
2.Loosen the pinch clamp bolt and disconnect the battery positive cable (4).
3. On gasoline equipped vehicles, loosen bolt (2) and remove the retainer (1) that holds the battery (3) down to the tray (4).
4. On diesel engine equipped vehicles, loosen the bolts (2 and 3) and remove the retaining bracket that holds the battery (4) down to the tray (5).
5. Remove the battery from the vehicle.
6. Remove the termnal guard (if equipped) from battery.
Battery Installation (Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement)
1. Install battery into vehicle making sure that the thermal guard (if equipped) is present and battery is properly positioned on battery tray.
On diesel engine equipped vehicles, position the retaining bracket onto the battery (4) and install the bracket bolts (2 and 3). Tighten the bolts to 7 Nm (62 in.lbs.)
2. On gasoline engine equipped vehicles, install the battery hold down retainer (1) and bolt (2) making sure that it is properly positioned on battery (3). Tighten the hold down bolt to 7Nm (62 in. lbs).
3. Connect the battery positive cable (4) and tighten the pinch clamp nut to 5 Nm (45 in lbs.).
4. Connect the battery negative cable (8) and tighten the pinch clamp nut to 5 Nm (45 in lbs.).
5. Verify proper vehicle operation.
When should I replace my car battery? (2012- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement)
You’ll definitely know you need a car battery replacement if your old battery dies and can’t be jump-started, but you don’t need to wait until your battery breaks down to look into replacing an older battery. You may feel that its performance is lagging and suspect there’s an issue but not feel totally confident in diagnosing the problem yourself. We’ll be able to tell you if you need a new car battery after we run a free battery check test. Based on those findings, we can guide you to the best car battery replacement for your needs and even install it for you. Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement
How often should you replace a car battery? (2012- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement)
The average lifespan of a car battery is approximately three to five years, but it depends on several other factors, too:
Exposure to weather conditions
The amount of driving you do
The quality of the battery
Whether you maintain regular battery maintenance and cleaning
Increasing in-car power demands, like phone charging, DVD players, tablets, etc.
How long does it take to replace a car battery? 2012- 2021 Jeep Wrangler Battery Replacement
The amount of time it takes to replace a car battery varies and depends on how busy our auto services department is at the time, but we may be able to install your new battery in as little as 30 minutes
Autotech Mobile Mechanic
|Monday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 10:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||8:00 AM - 5:00 PM|